Friday, 7 March 2014
Safety tips around the home
You can reduce the risk of electric shock in your home by taking a few precautions, including:
Always hire a licensed electrician for all wiring jobs.
Don’t use extension leads or appliances if the cords are damaged or frayed.
Don’t remove a plug from a power point by pulling on the cord – pull the plug instead.
Keep electrical appliances away from wet areas.
Have safety switches installed by an electrician.
Buy portable power boards with built-in safety switches.
Insert safety plugs into power points not in use to stop children from inserting objects into them.